Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dave Matthews Band

Dave Matthews Band

Hollywood Bowl at sunset
I was lucky enough to go see Dave Matthews on tour last night at the Hollywood Bowl. Needless to say, it was a great concert! I've seen DMB live three times now and they have yet to let me down. Between the music, the company and the craziness that is Dave Matthews made the concert amazing and totally worth every penny!

My sister and I totally lucked out with box seats in the 2nd row meaning we were right there in the thick of things. Oh, hey Dave!

The jam sessions that ensued throughout the two and a half hour concert were almost as good as listening to the band play classics like Crash Into Me, You and Me and Ants Marching. The opening act, Raphael Saadiq, was refreshingly entertaining as well. I'm definitely about to download some of his tunes- think Motown meets funk mixed in with some R&B. There's no way you'll stay seated for long after hearing him jam.

So sad Dave won't be touring next summer...just going to have to pretend I'm sitting in my 2nd row box at Hollywood Bowl everytime I listen to DMB.

1 comment:

Don't be shy, tell me what you think