Monday, October 25, 2010

Apple Picking






{Jeans: Rich and Skinny; Top: Forever21; Jacket: Costco (!); Boots: Zara, Scarf: H&M}
Well, there seems to be a trend developing at Trinkets and Trends this week: Apples.

On Sunday, I got the opportunity to go on my first apple picking adventure in Julian, CA. Wow, what an amazing time! It was so nice to get out of LA and be in the mountains, despite the cold weather. We picked about 70lbs (ok, so we might have got a little carried away...) of apples so needless to say, there will be more apples in my future- think pies, cider and muffins.

I wore my new Rich and Skinny Make Peace Cargos to the event and I'm so glad I did! Not only is the dark olive color spot on for Fall, but I totally looked like I belonged in those mountains! These pants are so comfortable too- they are definitely jeans, but much softer and a little bit lighter than your typical denim. I decided to wear these cargos with my Zara boots, but don't be afraid to dress them up with a fun button up, killer heels and some neutral accessories for dinner or a night out. These jeans definitely know no boundaries- the reason why I love them so much!

If you have the opportunity to go apple picking, go! It was a great experience and I feel so good knowing where my food came from and that I picked it- something that is hard to acheive these days. Apple pie recipes and pics coming soon!

Apple'd out yet? I think I'm on the verge...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, tell me what you think