Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hot Cheesy Mushroom Dip and Guac






{Hot Cheesy Mushroom Dip and Guacamole}
What a random assortment of dishes right? Well, I suppose the random weather is to blame...

Due to the rain and cold weather that has hit California these past few days, I needed a bit of comfort food to get me through the day. This mushroom dip was perfect- the flavors of mushroom, caramalized onion and white wine were AMAZING! Honestly, I could have stopped right there and chowed down on those three ingredients alone! Besides the mushroom dip, there is nothing better (at least to me) then good old fashioned guacamole and tortilla chips. I was definitely stuffed before we even sat down for the mushroom dip as I had been noshing on the chips and guac while cooking...oops.

I bought the produce for the dishes at an incredible market called Grower's Direct. Seriously, I don't know much about this place but, if you live near one, you need to start shopping here. Everything at GD is so fresh and cheap- it's the perfect storm of produce, if you will.

Thinking about making some Hot Cheesy Mushroom Dip? Check the recipe out here!

1 comment:

  1. You are making me hungry on this post of cheesy mushroom, i feel i can smell the mushroom and onion being simmered and cooked together <3
    following you now
    http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, tell me what you think